GMAT or GRE Waiver
Applicants who meet certain criteria are eligible to waive the GMAT/GRE requirements for the MS in Accounting program without any pre approval from the Admissions Committee.
Candidates wishing to waive the GMAT/GRE must meet the following conditions:
1. Have an undergraduate degree conferral by a US four-year accredited undergraduate institution
2. Have earned a final undergraduate cumulative GPA of 3.00 or higher on a four-point scale at the time of degree conferral. Degrees from undergraduate institutions that do not grade on a 4.0 scale are not eligible for the waiver. GPAs below 3.00 may not be rounded up to 3.00.
3. Have majored in:
- Business (see detailed list of eligible business majors below)
- Business Administration
- Business Economics
- Business Management
- Information Systems
- Information Technology
- International Business
- Management and Entrepreneurship
- Supply Chain and Operations
Have an undergraduate degree conferred by New York University.
Have earned a final cumulative GPA of 3.20 or higher at the time of degree conferral. GPAs below 3.20 may not be rounded up to 3.20.
If you check one of the three boxes in the GMAT/GRE Test Waiver form of the application and meet the eligibility criteria, the Admissions Committee will waive the standardized test requirement for your application.
GMAT or GRE
Stern has no preference for the GMAT or GRE, feel free to take either test.
NYU Stern has no minimum GMAT or GRE score requirement. For applicants who took the test more than once, the Admissions Committee will consider only the test with the highest total score.